Friday 20 September 2013

My Leicester Awards for Employability Reflections! Part II

Reflections on the LA for Employability Course:

I have certainly expanded on my online skills and SM learning as reflected by my own blog here and various posts submitted lately, mostly over the last couple of months, since really starting the Leicester Awards course! 

It has been a great course to take following up on my master degree, it allowed me to reflect and analyse my own objectives and career goals for the future. Having the chance to record it all and putting it all in one place through my recent blog has been a major improvement in giving me further incentives to actually move on with my career and personal aspirations. 

It has certainly been an essential study journey for me to take, and I'm pleased I did say yes!

It has complemented my recent master degree and made my learning and studies so much more valuable in many different ways for sure!

It has actually helped me create my own personal vehicle to lift off, creating my own space, where I could include my own reflections, allowing my personality to surface and be able to crystallise my ideas into posts, images and videos I'm interested in:) 


Learning how to create an effective online presence has been extremely useful to me personally in establishing myself better as an online SM user and more regular blogger. All these technical ways are extremely informative and useful to keep you abreast of the latest business and social requirements in managing your career projection, improving on your professional employability needs and market offerings.

These in turn would help all graduate students and professionals alike, recreate an appropriate social media profile just right for them. These will assist users/students getting noticed by the right people, be well connected and better matched with likeminded professionals, employers and companies with whom they are more likely to have a better fit with, reflecting a more compatible and convergent mission statements in life as in work!

You simply cannot do without all these essential online learnings &  tools nowadays!

Know the dos & don'ts of Social Media and the good etiquette of Social Networking!...and then who knows, you might find yourself promoting good causes in your own communities, just like the brilliant ways Leicester Awards celebrating Asian Women in Business highlighting important people & issues within their own societies in the UK!

Exactly what I intend to do on my blogs & Social Media use from now on... Thanks to the Leicester Awards!


Happy Blogging & Safe Surfing to All!!:)


With Special Thanks to 

Elizabeth L. Cornish for leading this course, 
Claire S. Vanneck and Zara Hooley for assisting in presentations and Blackboard queries! 
&
All The LA Team at The University of Leicester!! 


Reflections & Assessments:

"This type of self-efficacy is the aim of the Leicester Award Blogging tool, but currently I do not feel that we are achieving this. The changes we could be implementing are:
-A mutual sharing of reflection by the associate tutors and the learners
-A more formative and long-term relationship
-Less judgemental feedback."

By Zara Hooley on the Progress of the LA course






No comments:

Post a Comment